Area Highway Projects
Only long-term closures will be in effect.
- Work continues north of Connell. Not affecting traffic patterns other than construction trucks in and out of the work zone. See the attached graphic for work zone path.
- Also, We Energies will be working on an electric duct crossing Connell, which will require lane shifting but no closures through the weeks of 3/18 and 3/25.
87th Street Project
Employees and visitors to the MRMC campus are encouraged to use Watertown Plank Rd. to access 87th St. to avoid potential delays.
Eye Institute (see graphic)
Through winter, traffic will enter off Connell Ave. and exit through the parking lot south of the Eye Institute.
87th St. Driving Lanes on East Side (see graphic)
Drivers are using the two new driving lanes that have been constructed between Wisconsin Ave. and Connell Ave. Note: The right lane heading north on 87th is dedicated to only turning into the Sargeant Health Clinic at Doyne.
Use the sidewalk on the west side of 87th St., north of Doyne. Use crosswalks at 87th and Connell Ave.
Phase One Parking Structure is Open:
Froedtert Parking Structure Project
- Phase One of the parking structure is open and parking on the surface lot is closed.
- Shuttle service for Froedtert employees is available.
- Surface lot parking for patients at Sargeant' Health Center remains open.
- Pedestrian access to the Sargeant Health Center parking lot is near 87th & Doyne Ave.
Children's Hospital Project
Physician's Parking Structure at Clinics Building
- This parking structure is permanently closed.
S-4 Service Drive East of Clinics Building
- A portion of S-4 Service Drive south of Watertown Plank Rd. is restricted to emergency traffic only until mid-March.
- When reopened, traffic will be one way traffic in the southbound direction.
- There will also be intermittent closures of the road.
- This will remain in place until 2020.