Area Highway Projects
Only long-term closures will be in effect.
Medical College Entrance:
- Beginning Monday, March 25th, the main entrance off 87th St. into the Medical College of Wisconsin will be closed.
- All vehicular access to and from the Medical College will be off Connell.
- Pedestrian traffic will be allowed through the work zone
Beginning April 1st and lasting through the summer, traffic will be shifted into a new pattern as shown on the graphic here.
87th Street Project
Employees and visitors to the MRMC campus are encouraged to use Watertown Plank Rd. to access 87th St. to avoid potential delays.
Eye Institute (see graphic)
Through winter, traffic will enter off Connell Ave. and exit through the parking lot south of the Eye Institute.
87th St. Driving Lanes on East Side (see graphic)
Drivers are using the two new driving lanes that have been constructed between Wisconsin Ave. and Connell Ave. Note: The right lane heading north on 87th is dedicated to only turning into the Sargeant Health Clinic at Doyne.
Use the sidewalk on the west side of 87th St., north of Doyne. Use crosswalks at 87th and Connell Ave.
Phase One Parking Structure is Open:
Froedtert Parking Structure Project
- Phase One of the parking structure is open and parking on the surface lot is closed.
- Shuttle service for Froedtert employees is available.
- Surface lot parking for patients at Sargeant' Health Center remains open.
- Pedestrian access to the Sargeant Health Center parking lot is near 87th & Doyne Ave.
Children's Hospital Project
S-4 Service Drive East of Clinics Building
- A portion of the S-4 Service Drive south of Watertown Plank Rd. is restricted to emergency traffic only until March 25th.
- Beginning Monday, 3/25, the S-4 service drive will reopen to one-way traffic in the southbound direction.
- There will also be intermittent closures of the road.
- This will remain in place until 2020.