Area Highway & Adjacent Roads Projects Alerts:
- Highway: Only long-term highway closures will be in effect.
- Bluemound Road NOTE FOR 4/29 THROUGH MAY 3: Bluemound Road will be reduced to one lane in both directions to accommodate center roadway work. Work occurring between 84th St./Glenview & Honeycreek Parkway.
87th Street Project
Employees and visitors to the MRMC campus are encouraged to use Watertown Plank Rd. to access 87th St. to avoid potential delays.
Doyne / Coffey / Froedtert ER Entrance Access
Beginning Saturday April 27th, traffic on both Doyne Ave. and William Coffey Ave. between 87th & the Froedtert Emergency Entrance will be restricted to one lane in a clockwise direction for the reconstruction of those intersections. See attached graphic.
Pedestrian access is also revised with a new temporary sidewalk connecting Doyne and Coffey on the east side of 87th St. The sidewalk on the west side near Parking Structure 3 will be closed. See attached graphic.
Medical College Entrance:
MCW Visitor & Employee Parking East of 87th St (X-70) is open
- The Medical College main entrance off 87th St. from the north is open (entrance only). Exit via Connell Ave.
- Vehicular access to and from the Medical College is available via Connell.
- Pedestrian traffic is allowed through the work zone
Through summer, traffic shifted into a new pattern as shown on the graphic below.
- From the north: at Watertown Plank Rd/86th St.
- From the south: off Connell Ave.
- Center access is exit only.
Eye Institute (see graphic)
Traffic enters off Connell Ave. and exits through the parking lot south of the Eye Institute.
87th St. Driving Lanes on East Side (see graphic)
Drivers are using the two new driving lanes that have been constructed between Wisconsin Ave. and Connell Ave. Note: The right lane heading north on 87th is dedicated to only turning into the Sargeant Health Clinic at Doyne.
Use the sidewalk on the west side of 87th St., north of Doyne. Use crosswalks at 87th and Connell Ave.
Phase One Parking Structure is Open:
Froedtert Parking Structure Project
- Phase One of the parking structure is open and parking on the surface lot is closed.
- Shuttle service for Froedtert employees is available.
- Surface lot parking for patients at Sargeant' Health Center remains open.
- Pedestrian access to the Sargeant Health Center parking lot is near 87th & Doyne Ave.
Children's Hospital Improvement Project
S-4 Service Drive East of Clinics Building
- The S-4 service drive will be closed until early May to accommodate work on the Children's Hospital skywalk.