(Rev. 05/24/2019) - WEEK OF 5/27/19
Area Highway & Adjacent Roads Projects Alerts:
- Highway: Only long-term highway closures will be in effect.
87th Street Project
Employees and visitors to the MRMC campus are encouraged to use Watertown Plank Rd. to access 87th St. to avoid potential delays.
Doyne / Coffey / Froedtert ER Entrance Access & Pedestrians on 87th St.
Continuing into July, traffic on both Doyne Ave. and William Coffey Ave. between 87th & the Froedtert Emergency Entrance is restricted to one lane in a clockwise direction for the reconstruction of those intersections. See attached updated graphic.
Pedestrian access has a new temporary sidewalk connecting Doyne and Coffey on the east side of 87th St. The sidewalk on the west side near Parking Structure 3 is closed. See attached graphic dated May 3, 2019.
Medical College Entrance:
MCW Visitor & Employee Parking East of 87th St (X-70) is open
- The Medical College main entrance off 87th St. from the north is open (entrance only). Exit via Connell Ave.
- Vehicular access to and from the Medical College is available via Connell.
- Pedestrian traffic is allowed through the work zone
On Friday, May 31st and Saturday, June 1st, the entrance and exit off Watertown Plank Road into the Medical College parking lot will be closed for storm sewer work. The closures start after 9:00 a.m. on Friday. Staff and visitors may use the entrance/exit off Connell and the exit near the Medical College Building (the snapshot below shows purple circles A & C indicating alternate entrance/exits for the closure at B).
Through summer, traffic shifted into a new pattern as shown on the graphic below.
- From the north: at Watertown Plank Rd/86th St.
- From the south: off Connell Ave.
- Center access is exit only.
Eye Institute (see graphic)
Traffic enters off Connell Ave. and exits through the parking lot south of the Eye Institute.
- The Eye Institute drive will be closed for several hours on Friday May 24 to continue with the construction of the driveway.
- Access to the Eye Institute from this driveway will still be available, but access to the Eye Institute parking lot will not. Vehicles will need to access the parking lot off of William Coffey Drive.
87th St. Driving Lanes on East Side (see graphic)
Drivers are using the two new driving lanes that have been constructed between Wisconsin Ave. and Connell Ave. Note: The right lane heading north on 87th is dedicated to only turning into the Sargeant Health Clinic at Doyne.
Use the sidewalk on the east side of 87th St., south of Coffey to access Sargeant Health. Use crosswalks at 87th and Connell Ave. and at MCW front entrance to cross 87th St.
Phase One Parking Structure is Open:
Froedtert Parking Structure Project
- Phase One of the parking structure is open and parking on the surface lot is closed.
- Shuttle service for Froedtert employees is available.
- Surface lot parking for patients at Sargeant' Health Center remains open.
- Pedestrian access to the Sargeant Health Center parking lot is near 87th & Doyne Ave.
Children's Hospital Improvement Project
S-4 Service Drive East of Clinics Building
- The S-4 service drive is open in the southbound direction only.
- Intermittent closures of this road will be occurring weekly for construction traffic and activities.